This course is intended as a follow on to an excellent introductory to electricity course at
This course covers more specifically electronic circuit design.
It makes extensive use of a free SPICE type circuit simulation software, so you do not need access to an
electronics lab with expensive test equipment to learn about circuit design.
Here is the content of the course:
This is work in progress, so feel free to comment and ask questions.
More lessons will be coming.
Some of the topics that will be covered include:
- Impedance versus resistance
- Differential amplifiers
- Current sources and current mirrors
- Coupling and decoupling
- Transformers and inductors
- Field Effect Transistors, J-FET, MOS-FET and IGBT
- Integrated circuits, operational amplifiers and comparators.
- Switching regulators
- RF amplifiers
- Interfacing digital and analog circuits: Comparators and Schmitt Triggers