The download comes in 2 pieces, the base install which includes a non-functional version of the program's exe and all the dlls and controls, and the latest version of the executable.
Once you have downloaded and installed the base install (which is a pretty big file), you only need to download the new executable for upgrades (unless directed otherwise in the Version Info.) The executable is a much smaller file.
Software License available here.
The Setup.exe program installs most of the files used by ADIFLookup in the C:\Program File\ADIFLookup directory by default. These files will not be shared with other programs, that means ADIFLookup should not break any existing program installation, and removing it should be easy (always go to Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs).
Unzip the ADIFLookup-base.zip file in a temporary directory and run the Setup.exe program.
Unless you change the default settings, the program will install in C:\Program Files\ADIFLookup and create an entry in the Start menu.
If you select another directory, make a note of it.
Then download the ADIFLookup.exe file directly into the program's installation directory.
It will overwrite the ADIFLookup.exe file created by the main install.
When you select a file, the program sets a name for the output file. If there is (are) one or more already, the program offers you to either overwrite the old file (it will overwrite "filename.out.adi"), or create a new file, then displays the name of the new file, which will be in the same directory as the input file.
Auto: Click on Auto, the program processes the entire file. You cannot edit anything. If the program has a problem, it will stop and ask you to make a choice before resuming.
If you also click on Full Auto in Preferences before selecting Auto, the program will not stop when having to make decisions (such as Grid and County when the call is portable), and will create a log file where you can find the problems the program encountered during processing.
To stop Auto mode, click the "Stop" button. From that point, you can edit records one at a time using Next, or resume Auto mode with the "Auto" button.
Direct: Enter a callsign in the Callsign box and press Enter. The program will query HamQTH for that call sign's information. Not very useful outside of troubleshooting.
I recommend you start the program as follows:
The first time you use the GoList database, you will have to tell the program where the GOWIN32.DLL file is located. For the program to work, all the GoList provided files have to be in the same directory, which does not have to be the same as the ADIFLookup directory, even though this is recommended (this is the way I tested the program).
Version 0.3.12 (March 25, 2012)
* Now works with output from N3FJP's VA State QSO Party Logging Program and others that use camel case for ADIF field names
The program now outputs IOTA, CQZ, ITUZ and TEN_TEN fields
The on-screen status indicates the operation in progress, not just "Receiving Data"
Version 0.3.11 (March 23, 2012)
* Error 5 with some ADIF files corrected, many small bugs fixed
Version 0.3.10 (March 20, 2012)
* City name not always pasted (HamQTH has two fields with city name potentially)
Version 0.3.9 (March 20, 2012)
* This version now supports the free HamQTH database. QRZ.com XML subscription mode no longer supported. If you use it, keep the old version.
Version: 0.3.4 (November 11, 2009)
* Attempt at fixing an error at program startup that I do not see here... Let me know if it fixes the problem, at a minimum, the program should no longer crash.
Version: 0.3.3 (October 18, 2009)
* Bug Fixes, you need this update!!!
Version: 0.3.2 (September 27, 2009)
* Added Sponsored mode and XML Subscription mode
Version: 0.2.7 (August 30, 2009)
* Changed QRZ Query to http://www.qrz.com/db/callsign
Version 0.2.6 (July 7, 2009)
* More bug fixes
Version 0.2.4 (April 5, 2009)
* Bug fixes
Version 0.2.3 (April 2, 2009)
* New parsing routine to accomodate QRZ.com new html format. There is a new Base install also, following a change by Microsoft to Internet Explorer that broke the browser functions. However, if the program works and you just want to upgrade, it should be sufficient to download just the exe.
Version 0.2.2 (Nov 11, 2007)
* Improved feedback when QRZ.com inaccessible, small improvements to menus and error handling.
Version 0.2.0 (Oct 2, 2007)
* New parsing routine to accomodate QRZ.com new html format